While this post is only partially related to faith, family and sports, I still wanted to share. Thanks to our administrative assistant, Juli Hall, our staff shared “7 random things” about ourselves at our staff meeting this morning. This was both entertaining and insightful and I’m glad we did the activity. So, with that said, here are mine:
1. I love photography and would love to have my photos displayed in a gallery some day. For now, there are some up in a coffee shop in Moore.
2. My sister and I hope to open a B & B….here or in College Station if my nephews become Aggies.
3. I have never gotten chicken pox. One year my sisters, cousins all got it in either Ireland or Wisconsin and yet I never got it. When my Dad got Shingles, my Mom immediately sent me to get a vaccine.
4. I’m a sucker for holiday movies and relate closely to the Griswold’s in Christmas Vacation. We have many pictures of lights draped around poles with duct tape and orange extension cords.
5. One year on our way to Chicago, our suburban coasted off of I-35 and we had to get a new one in Waxahachie, TX. Every time I drove through there, I have my moment of silence, laugh and hit the gas.
6. I once met Herb Kelleher (former CEO of Southwest Airlines) at a Southwest gate in Dallas….and he is as nice as everyone says.
7. For a person who grew up quiet and introverted, I am now very sarcastic and enjoy making people laugh and lightening up a mood.