While this post is only partially related to faith, family and sports, I still wanted to share. Thanks to our administrative assistant, Juli Hall, our staff shared “7 random things” about ourselves at our staff meeting this morning. This was both entertaining and insightful and I’m glad we did the activity. So, with that said, here are mine:
1. I love photography and would love to have my photos displayed in a gallery some day. For now, there are some up in a coffee shop in Moore.
2. My sister and I hope to open a B & B….here or in College Station if my nephews become Aggies.
3. I have never gotten chicken pox. One year my sisters, cousins all got it in either Ireland or Wisconsin and yet I never got it. When my Dad got Shingles, my Mom immediately sent me to get a vaccine.
4. I’m a sucker for holiday movies and relate closely to the Griswold’s in Christmas Vacation. We have many pictures of lights draped around poles with duct tape and orange extension cords.
5. One year on our way to Chicago, our suburban coasted off of I-35 and we had to get a new one in Waxahachie, TX. Every time I drove through there, I have my moment of silence, laugh and hit the gas.
6. I once met Herb Kelleher (former CEO of Southwest Airlines) at a Southwest gate in Dallas….and he is as nice as everyone says.
7. For a person who grew up quiet and introverted, I am now very sarcastic and enjoy making people laugh and lightening up a mood.
“Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer.” ~Author Unknown
The older I get, the more I continue to believe that when it comes to friendships, quality is more important than quantity. When I think of the people in my life I am blessed to call my friends, I can’t help but feel loved. I have had the privilege of recently acquiring not only a new co-worker but someone that has become a great friend. Let me tell you, it’s pretty darn cool when I can come to work every day and look forward to the people around me. Even though she’s only been with us about 2 months, Jenny has already been such a good influence on me and a complement to our office. By sharing the same college, we work closely together so we’re in each other’s offices all the time.
Along with our boss, Jenny and I recently attended a conference in Savannah, Georgia (separate blog with pictures to come). Don’t get me wrong, the workshops were great but what I loved the most was just getting to hang out and spend time together. Being around her is so easy and comfortable-we both feel like we’ve known each other forever. We came back home closer and looking even more forward to working together to do the best we can at our jobs. It’s so funny, when I would first hear of how many things we had in common-whether it be hobbies, travel or whatever….I would think “oh my gosh, seriously?” Now, I just smile and think “yep, that fits…”
“The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had.” ~Author Unknown